The redesign is done
A bit later than I planned the redesign is done.
There are still a few places where the design is not pixel perfect, but the design is basically as I imagined it at the outset. There are also some parts that don’t work entirely as I want them to in MSIE, but I’ll leave that for now—that is a very troublesome browser to cater to if you try to create a standards compliant HTML/CSS layout. The site looks great in Firefox though.
I have tried to list the choices I made and the Textpattern plug-ins I have used to create the design and the layout in the colophon (Note: There is no longer a colophon for this website). The source HTML and CSS could still do with a bit of cleaning up but that will have to wait until I have learned a bit more about modern web coding.